Friday, December 14, 2012

I've stopped watching the news

Anyone who knows me knows that I wasn't too happy with the election results. I really do not think that Pres. Obama loves this country. Despite the fact that he,himself is a multi millionaire, he doesn't seem to want anyone else to succeed.

I discovered, with the direct confrontation of my wife, that I was becoming very angry and bitter every time I watch the news. So I decided to stop.

I still read the local paper. I still occasionally browse news websites and use iPad apps like "Zite" & "Flipboard."

But instead, I have been reading more, and watching more Netflix. And I can definitely say that I'm a much happier person now.

I'm sure at some point I'll start watching cable news again, but hopefully not for a while.

I still pray almost every night that Obama is guided by the Lord's grace and will. But I don't expect Obama to change. And since I can't change him, I'll have to change myself.

No comments: