Friday, August 17, 2007

I knew it would happen.

I knew it would happen. When Google Earth announced it was using satellite imaging to map the entire planet, liberals everywhere shouted for glee. When it was discovered that not only could you see your "house from here", you could count the hairs on your neighbors back, very few people seemed alarmed. Especially that bastion of liberal hope, the ACLU.

But God forbid, when the government decides to use that technology to fight terrorism, the ACLU is back!

The New York Times is reporting today that the ACLU and its ilk are concerned that the agencies using this technology "could not be trusted to supervise themselves." But GOOGLE could???

Now, don't get me wrong. I do NOT like even GOOGLE looking at my house, much less Big Brother. I don't want anyone to have this technology. But it's here none-the-less. Besides, I actually trust that the government won't allow public access to images like this.

No comments: