Friday, August 31, 2007

Misc

A couple of things in the news today caught my eye.

The first is the resignation of White House press secretary Tony Snow. I like this guy. I admire the way he has faced his cancer. I love the fact that he knows he is a role model for other cancer patients in the world. He is intelligent, funny, and telegenic. However, the reason he gave for leaving office sorta bothers me. He stated that he was leaving because he was "running out of money." I googled the Press Secretary's salary, and it was $161,000.00 back in 2005. I know he lives in the DC area and it's expensive there. But surely 161-K/year is enough money.

Second, the attorney who was involved with the Duke University Lacrosse rape case is dirty. He lied during the trial, and he almost destroyed those innocent boys' lives. He is a scumbag and deserved to get his license revoked. However, today he was sentenced to a whopping 1 day in jail!! One whole day. For being purposefully deceitful. Maybe he'll get to read the same Bible that Michael Vick and Paris Hilton got to use. Come on!!!

No comments: