Friday, January 30, 2009

Trust me, I'm from the Government...

Mr Obama is trying very hard to convince the American public that only Government can solve our problems. Just trust him and his cabinet (like the tax-cheating Secretary of the Treasury) and everything will be fine.

Well, I started thinking about September 11th, today. Not really sure why. But the thought hit me "what failed on that day?" Was it private citizens, or the Looters in DC?

Seems to me that it was the government that failed (and, yes, I know that Bush 43 was the president at the time). In fact, it was private citizens (Todd Beamer, et al) who actually acted. They didn't blindly follow FAA rules. They used their cell phones. They didn't remain seated with their seat belts fashioned, their heads between their knees. They stood up like free men, rising up against the terrorists and, at the cost of their own lives, prevented Flight 93 from killing possibly thousands more.

On that day, when big government failed, the only good news came from private individuals.

So, Mr Obama, I'd rather you didn't send me a stimulus check. Just let me keep my own money, to spend as I see fit. Protect us, sure. But let private citizens do what we do best, and the country will be just fine.

No comments: