Wednesday, January 21, 2009

You mean I need to pay my taxes?

I find it absurd that Mr Obama cannot find someone more qualified for the position of Secretary of the Treasury than Mr Timothy Geithner. The man who would be in charge of the IRS claims it was an innocent mistake when he didn't pay his taxes for the years 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004.

What the crap??? For 4 years, this man didn't realize that he owed the United States of American his Social Security and Medicare Taxes??? And he wants to be involved in setting tax policy for the rest of us?

Would I have been treated just as lightly if I had "innocently" forgotten to pay my quarterly taxes? Even after I had signed (four years in a row) a statement from my employer affirming that I was aware that it was my responsibility to pay said taxes?

Hell no.

Do I believe that it was an accident? Sure. I don't think that this caring, empathetic Democrat withheld his tax money on purpose. I'm sure he probably believes that it's patriotic to pay your fair share in taxes. And, after all, he did say that he was sorry. I'll try that if I get audited.

However, I do wholeheartedly believe that mistake disqualifies him from the position of Secretary of Treasury.

No comments: